I live in the grand state of Texas! I' love Texas!! I've learned it's hotter than the devils tongue...more beautiful than a fresh baked cup cake....and friendlier than the high school counselor that gave you the creeps. Come share my adventures in life. I'm a mother of three beautiful one's & two hairy ones (my doggies). I must also mention that I'm the CEO of the family. I've learned that life is more than 'my fine shirt just got soaked' bath times, 'hey we are so running fashionable late again' swimming lessons, your most recent 'break down' in the laundry room (yes I'm talking to you; now put down the dryer lint slowly), the latest 'does my butt look big' moment, or even that rock awesome meal you cooked last night. Life is random, sexy, unbelievable, predictable and darn cool. Lets get crafty, create, explore Texas, and have some pretty sweet experiences!

More from this author »
RECENT PINS

Searching for White Elephant Gifts

Ah yes it’s that time of year again…HoLiDaY PaRtiEs!!!  I am super excited about my hub’s work party this year because….wait for it……wait for it…..IT’S A WHITE ELEPHANT PARTY!  I love parties AND white elephant gifts.  For those of you who don’t know what a white E party is here’s the L.D. (from Wikipedia)=

A white elephant gift exchange is a popular holiday party game found primarily in North America. It has many variations in both the name and the game play. Generally, white elephant parties need a minimum of six participants. With a larger group, game play may be more protracted. White elephant parties have been known to result in intensely vicious and/or playful rivalries between players trying to get sought after gifts. The goal of a white elephant party is usually to entertain rather than to gain. This game is sometimes called a Yankee Swap, Chinese Gift Exchange, Dirty Santa, Thieving Secret Santa, Parcel Pass, Pollyanna, or Christmas Swamp Thing.

Gifts are typically inexpensive, humorous items or used items from home. The term white elephant refers to a gift whose maintenance costs exceed its usefulness.Once an order has been established, each person takes his or her turn choosing a gift. The first person picks a gift, opens it, and shows it to the rest of the company.  Then in turn, the participants choose to either unwrap a new gift or to “steal” a previously unwrapped gift. If a gift is “stolen”, the person who had their gift taken from them gets to unwrap any unopened gift; and then, the turn passes. When all the gifts have been opened, the game is over.  For more variants and details click here!

On with the fab-ness of this party.  I need two gifts for this shin dig (1 per person…so 2 per couple).  My first ‘gift’ is an “At home H1N1 vaccine” and it includes:

1 yellow rubber chicken (I found mine in the pet section @ Walmart)

1 small packet Kleenex tissues

1 germ-x hand cleaner

Tie all of it together with some cute ribbon and poof…totally funny, wacky White Elephant gift!

The next gift will for sure lead to giggles and maybe even hard core mother load laughter!  It’s “Fresh Pickled Heiney”.  I know right…totally a perfect gift.  These were quite popular about ten years ago, but now they are ‘fresh’ again.  😉

What you’ll need:

1 pair of women’s nylons

scissors

needle and thread (I used pink…it makes the …er…’crack’ and sews up the ‘back side’ total pun intended)

cotton fluff (pillow stuffing)

mason jar or empty pickle jar (cleaned)

white elephant clip art (for tag I got mine HERE…I used this same elephant for both gifts)

*Cut nylons into 3 inch squares.  Sew a circle using a running stitch.  Pull slightly to make a pouch.  Stuff with filling.  Pull strings tight and sew back closed.  Now take same thread and go from back to front in the middle of the stuffed bum to form a crack.  Knot and boo ya finished with your first buns.  Now make enough to fill jar.  You can also add sand for ‘beach bums’, or potporri for ‘smelly bums’.

Anyone have awesome white elephant gifts to share????

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments (15)

1. appareil photo numerique 11/27/2015 at 4:20 pm

naturally like your website but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts.
    Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very
    bothersome to inform the truth nevertheless I’ll definitely come back again.

2. Jamison 10/11/2015 at 8:01 pm

Up to now, I’ve come up with a sensible approach to generatge roughly $33,500 –
    $38,500 a 12 months in additional passive income in two years.

3. tristan glen twitter 04/21/2015 at 3:40 pm

Physical chemistry = great attraction towards each other.
    And if one went back on a fish or meat diet, wouldn’t
    the arteries fill up again with plaque. From what I’ve seen on the market there
    are some truly outstanding chemistry sets compared to the set I used to
    have when I was younger. A lot of parents are really
    afraid to purchase a chemistry set and with good reason to – the older sets contained toxic and hazardous chemicals
    when mixed incorrectly and you needed good knowledge
    on chemistry set basics. Many reasons for the formation of orange peel, such as spraying, spraying distance control with
    poor or bad paint and solvents, spray and other conditions
    can cause bad orange peel. The influence of diabetes on folk’s feelings is frequently underestimated.

It is very necessary of keeping Q&A board on the internet so students faced any problem regarding
    their textbook they can place their query before
    the board. For instance different teacher can train their student differently
    for the same question but when it is obtained from internet the answer will be same and unique.

4. bdsm and vod 03/25/2015 at 3:18 am

Touchе. Ԍreat argumentѕ. Keep upp the amazing work.

5. www.essexcaraudioandalarms.com 02/17/2015 at 5:03 am

Thanks for another informative website. The place else could I am getting that type of info written in such a
    perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now operating on,
    and I’ve been on the look out for such information.

6. Heath 02/05/2015 at 4:21 am

Kid clear capsule, manufactured by Ayurved Research Foundation is one among the widely prescribed herbal curesfor removing kidney stones.
    To take one to two ounces at the onset of pain when a kidney stone occurs and then, on a preventative basis, to
    be able to add this to water, juices or other drinks provides a simple way to avoid the pain and expenses associated with the occurrence of kidney
    stones. Cancer is one of the most wide-spread and leading causes of death in the world.

7. Tampa attorneys 10/09/2014 at 10:52 pm

Hi there. I noticed your site title, “White Elephant Gifts” does not really reflect the content of your
    internet site. When composing your website
    title, do you believe it’s most beneficial to
    write it for Search engine marketing or for your viewers?
    This is one thing I’ve been struggling with mainly because
    I want good rankings but at the same time I want the best
    quality for my site visitors.

8. Lonna 09/24/2014 at 10:03 pm

Heyy There. I found youir blog using msn. This is a really well written article.

I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of
    your useful information. Thanks for the post.

I’ll definitely comeback.

9. CookieMonster 02/04/2012 at 1:45 am

I have been to a few white elephant parties and most of the time the gifts that were being stolen the most were anything out of the ordinary. Usually something you don’t see every day that is still somewhat useful. With a gift limit of only $10, I was amaze at all the weird and wacky things I could get while keeping my bank account happy. I found this online store while doing a Google search containing many things that are just perfect for a white elephant party. The link is below and hopefully this helps with your future white elephant gift parties!

10. Rachael Herrscher 12/07/2011 at 11:11 am

craftytammie – those boob scarves are amazing! You better do tattoos like the others!

11. Jen 12/06/2011 at 9:02 pm

Dude Ashlee you rock! You NEED to sell those on Etsy! <3 you!

12. Jackie 12/06/2011 at 7:35 pm

These are all great gifts! Even the ones in the comments! …boob scarves! hahahah… All of these ideas should definitely be added to this SkinnyScoop list of Tacky White Elephant gifts > http://www.skinnyscoop.com/list/SkinnyScoop_Staff/tacky-white-elephant-gift-ideas

13. Michelle 12/06/2011 at 10:52 am

OMG, I love White Elephant parties! I use them as an opportunity to unload all of my dusty household junk on those I know and love. 🙂

I’m giving out gift cards this year. I went and bought a bunch from Massage Envy and even got a free massage out of it, so it’s a good Christmas for all..

14. craftytammie 12/06/2011 at 7:34 am

i saw this on pinterest and am trying to find time to make it for our family swap – boob scarves! http://pinterest.com/pin/664726095/?ref=nf

15. ashlee 12/05/2011 at 10:31 pm

This is what I made and brought this year a fun mix of ridiculous and fun (maybe even a little cute). http://imtopsyturvy.com/crochet-beard-beanie/